Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Sugar Mountain

So...a while back we were able to head to the mountains. Jeff has a coworker whose parent's own a cabin that they offered to us for a trip.  It was a great retreat. We spent some time in a nearby city, Blowing Rock.  It was a precious little city! There was a great park right smack dab in the center of town. The boys were in heaven.



I wanted to go down the slide and JR told me (unprompted) that he would catch me!! What a precious dude.  So this is what awaited me at the bottom of the slide :)


Here I come!!!...









Enjoying some delicious ice cream.


Oh, Connor wanted some so bad!!


We found a school right close to where we were staying and spent some time there playing around one morning. Gorgeous surroundings.







Unfortunately I was terrible at taking pictures, so these are the only times that we busted out our camera during our 4 day stay!  It was a great getaway.

1 comment:

  1. So I have a lot to say!! J.R. is all grown up!! I love the pictures of Connor reaching out to touch J.R. And I love the pictures of Connor smiling with his teeth showing! The one with him sitting in the swing with the hat on is my favorite! The two of J.R. waiting for you at the bottom of the swing are just precious! He is just anticipating what is about to happen. He is not sure about it but he is willing to give it a try! He is such a handsome dude isn't he! I am so jealous of the ice cream - makes me want some right now. It looks like such a cozy place to be! I am so glad you guys got to do that!

    ReplyDelete